This acai berry smoothie is sweet, refreshing and a great way to kick-start your day. It features antioxidant-rich acai berry, blueberries, strawberries, banana, hemp seeds and chia seeds, blended together with a plant-based milk.
Acai Berry Smoothie Ingredients
- The acai berry is a small, round, black-purple fruit that comes from acai palm trees in South America. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants. Acai berry is generally found in frozen puree packets or freeze-dried powder. I use the Amazonia frozen acai puree packets which I find blend really nicely in a smoothie. However, if you prefer the powder that would also work in this smoothie just fine.
- I use blueberries and strawberries in this smoothie but you can throw any type of berries into the blender. The berries can also be fresh or frozen depending on the season.
- The added hemp seeds and chia seeds give the smoothie some extra plant-based protein and healthy fats, and you could also add a scope of vegan protein powder.
- Any plant-based milk will work but I recommend Pure Harvest Coco Quench coconut milk as it’s organic and made from a blend of coconut milk and brown rice.
If you don’t have a lot of time during the week, this smoothie is super simple to create for breakfast or a snack. However, if you are more into meal prepping on the weekend, you could make a batch and freeze it into smoothie cubes to make it even easier to whip up during the week.
If you like this recipe and decide to share it on Instagram, don’t forget to tag @theplantryco and #theplantryco, I would love to see all your recreations!
Acai Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 packet acai berry puree
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 250 g strawberries (1 punnet)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Serve as desired!