This Cherry Ripe Smoothie recipe includes cherries, banana, cacao, maca, protein powder and flaxseeds. Blend it up with coconut milk and you have a thick and creamy smoothie that tastes just like a Cherry Ripe. This smoothie is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or a post workout snack.
A few notes for making this smoothie:
- Depending on the season, either fresh or frozen cherries will work just fine.
- Any coconut milk will work but I recommend Pure Harvest Coco Quench coconut milk as it’s organic and made from a blend of coconut milk and brown rice.
- I also use the Power Super Foods cacao and maca as these are certified organic and are sourced from small holder organic farms.
- You can top this smoothie with some coconut yogurt, shredded coconut, cacao nibs or this grain free and gluten free muesli for a little something extra.
- I use a simple vegan pea protein powder in my smoothies for a little extra protein.
If you don’t have a lot of time during the week, this smoothie is super simple to create for breakfast or a snack. However, if you are more into meal prepping on the weekend, you could make a batch and freeze it into smoothie cubes to make it even easier to whip up during the week.
If you are looking for more smoothie ideas, try this pineapple and mint smoothie and this peanut butter and jelly smoothie. If you’re looking for more breakfast recipes or snack ideas, you’ll also love this grain free and gluten free muesli and these overnight bircher muesli recipes: apple and cinnamon, coconut berry and choc peanut butter.
If you like this recipe and decide to share it on Instagram, don’t forget to tag @theplantryco and #theplantryco, I would love to see all your recreations!
Cherry Ripe Smoothie
- 1 cup
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cherries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Serve as desired!