This Cauliflower and Leek Soup is creamy and comforting, and will satisfy any craving for a warm and creamy soup without the need for cream or cheese.
Cauliflower has really had a glow up in the last few years, and this is one of my favourite soup recipes. Simply sauté onion, leek and garlic in a pot, add cauliflower and purple sweet potato, cover with vegetable stock and cook until the veggies are soft. Blend using a stick blender or transfer to a stand blender and voila – a delicious and easy meal packed full of veggie goodness.
Cauliflower and Leek Soup Ingredients
This soup is made from basic ingredients but has a great flavour. You could also roast the cauliflower and purple sweet potato before adding them to the pot for some extra flavour.
You can blend this soup with either a stick blender or a stand blender. A stick blender is the easier option as you can blend it in the same pot you cook it in (and is usually the option I go with), however transferring the soup to a stand blender will make for a creamier soup.
Serve this soup with some toasted sourdough or a vegan toastie. You can also top the soup with some fresh herbs, such as chive, or even some vegan sour cream.
Prepping and Storing
This meal will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is also freezer-friendly. Simply dish it into individual serves and freeze for meals you can quickly and easily grab and heat up.
If you like this recipe and decide to share it on Instagram, don’t forget to tag me @theplantryco and #theplantryco, I would love to see all your recreations!
Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Blender (Stand or Stick)
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large purple sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in pot with 2 crushed garlic cloves, add 1 diced onion and 1 sliced leek and sauté until starting to brown.
- Chop cauliflower and purple sweet potato into small pieces and add to pot.
- Cover cauliflower and potato with 1L of vegetable stock and cook until cauliflower and potato are soft (around 30 minutes).
- Blend soup in pot with stick blender, or transfer to stand blender to blend.
- Serve with toasted sourdough.